ACC Sport & Events Update – August 19th (Next Update scheduled for September 22nd)
Planning details for all ACC events and sporting activities are listed below.
- Weekly sport program – postponed until further notice. Discussion to take place with Directors of Sport on planning for the remainder of the Term 3 program for basketball, hockey and table tennis.
- Pitch competition (Wednesday 18/8) – postponed.
- Drama workshop (18/8) – postponed.
- Concert Band Music Workshops (9/8, 16/8 & 23/8) – postponed pending further discussion with Music Directors.
- Football Victoria has unfortunately cancelled the Premier Schools Cup scheduled for later this term. Our Senior Soccer premiers (St Bernard’s College) were set to represent the ACC in this prestigious competition, however due to ongoing uncertainty and the fact that a number of other school sport associations have not been able to complete their seasons, they have made the decision to cancel this event.
- The Herald Sun Shield competition is scheduled to be held over coming weeks. The AFL will make a decision early next week on whether it is possible for this event to proceed.
- Culinary competition (6/9) – CANCELLED
ACC planning / information documents for each event will be updated accordingly and distributed to relevant groups. Upcoming events such as weekly sport finals, the Cross Country Championship and Rock Music Workshop will be considered further once we have a clearer picture of the easing of restrictions.
Thank you for your support and understanding as we navigate the numerous changes forced upon us by these health directives. Stay safe and well, follow the health directives and remember that COVID safety is our shared responsibility.
Associated Catholic Colleges