The Open Golf Championship is open to any student from Year 12 and below to represent his college. The Junior Golf Championship is open to any student from Year 10 and below to represent his college. It is expected that all participants will compete with the spirit that is compatible with the ACC ethos “Excellence, Honour and Fairness”.
The competition shall be conducted under the rules laid down by the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St.Andrews. The Local Rules for the Course will be displayed outside the Professional’s Shop and should be checked by all competitors.
There will be two Divisions, with the schools in each division determined by their placing in the previous year’s tournament. Division 1 shall include the top five schools from the previous year and the winning school promoted from Division 2. The last placed school in Division 1 shall be relegated and compete in Division 2. (2/9/05)
The ACC will arrange the booking of tee times. Each school will be notified of these details and final results will be announced on the day and forwarded to all competing schools thereafter.
Rules of Play
- 1.1 Each team shall consist of a minimum of 4 players and a maximum of 8 players. (30/1/14)
- 1.2 The winner of the day will be the school that has the lowest total for their best four scores. In the event of a tie, the fifth, sixth,seventh and eighth score will be used in order to decide the winner. If a tie still exists, there will be joint winners. (30/1/14)
- 1.3 Colleges must submit their team lists in writing a minimum of one week prior to the event. No late entries will be accepted.
- 1.4 To return a valid card, each player must play 18 holes under stroke conditions.
- 2.1 The competition organiser will provide all teams with individual score cards and tee-off times. Players are responsible for being ready to play at their appointed time and keeping their partner and their own scores correctly. Incorrectly signed scorecards will result in disqualification.
- 2.2 Two or more tees may be used to start the event at the discretion of the organiser.
- 2.3 In the event that the course is deemed unsuitable for play, the organiser will notify all participating schools that the event will be rescheduled to a later date.
- 2.4 If adverse weather conditions occur refer to ACC Rules for Student Safety.
- 3.1 The competition organiser will be the referee for the day and he will decide the result of any disputes.